My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Monday, November 29, 2004

A different perspective

Everything is different in Queens.

For a start, windows have a view of more than just the building next door. This morning, while taking my shower I noticed the sun glisten from the "Lipstick Building" (of which I have this exact view).

The trains are more of a multicultural experience. The 7 train at rush hour feels like it passed through a dozen different countries before landing at my stop. On the carriage you can hear 3 or more different languages and this seldom includes Ingles.

To top it off the kind people of Grand Central Station decided to reward all 7 train passengers with escalators to the ground level. I never did like climbing stairs at 8.45am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google