My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Politics

I went to see The Manchurian Candidate today. Some people felt the need to shout at the screen with anger during the movie, half-believing this stuff to be true! After seeing how popular Fahrenheit 9/11 was I'm getting used to the fact that people in this country don't have all that much faith in their political leaders right now.

Afterwards, I walked home past Madison Square Garden where trailers line up in the surrounding area in preparation for the Republican convention due to start in a couple of weeks. One disgruntled pedestrian muttered "lousy Republicans, taking up the sidewalk!" while another walked by with a T-shirt with the face of George W Bush on the front and the word Idiot printed underneath. Banners on lampposts read "The Republicans are coming. Be nice." I wonder if they know what they're in for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google