My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Lemonade & Cookies

Met David and his family at Aunt Miriam's apartment (including a dog that weighs more than the average adult male!) which gave me an excuse to visit Philadelphia and Connecticut in the near future. In the afternoon David and his two kids (+dog) sold home-made lemonade and cookies on the corner of Broadway and 89th. I watched as people looked on with amazement at the size of the dog, the cuteness of the kids and the cheap price (50 cents) at which they could buy such delicious cookies. Later while talking about American culture and identity, David decided to lend me a copy of Beyond the Melting Pot. While walking the dog, David was also quite forthcoming with advice on how to approach and behave amongst other women. He married when he was my age which might explain his confidence in this area.

In the evening I saw in Yvette's birthday with drinks at her apartment. I spoke with other Filipinos and learned more about their culture and identity. All in all, a pretty interesting day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google