My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Pot-smoking mom, dimples

I went to my first American summer party last nite... in New Jersey. My roommate Catherine's cousin (mother of 2) invited all of her friends and co-workers around for drinks, music and.. well, pot! (courtesy of Catherine...!) While i was happy to enjoy lots of the first two I was the only one not to partake of the last. Our hostess, her sister and catherine all enjoyed themeslves :) from 7pm-10pm until the first of the guests arrived. Then the apartment became a lot more smoky... It turned out that only about 7 other people came to the party compared to the 20 or more who were expected. Two guys actually drove over 2 hours from Connecticut to be there! After everyone had left, the hostess, her sister, catherine and I all fell asleep on couches. We woke up in the morning with heavy heads and ate omlettes for breakfast. Stepping outside onto the balcony the air was so humid, the setting felt so much like Spain. At home in the evening I enjoyed a conversation with someone on JDate who liked my dimples. We talked about lots of things. Maybe we will meet face-to-face soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google