My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Monday, August 09, 2004

Tip

Walked around Union Square after work today. Watched dancers in the street. One guy could walk with on his hands while his body was perfectly horizontal. I've never seen that done before!

Afterwards I met up with a friend to eat sushi. We had to queue for an hour to enter but the food was definitely worth the wait. Two outrageous things happened there: first the Spanish girl opposite me, sitting next to my friend blatently wore no brassiere beneath her revealing shirt, enough to put anyone off their raw fish...! Secondly, as we left the waiter hurried up to us at the door to inform us that we had only given an 8 percent tip and that it was customary to give at least 15. Feeling somewhat surprised we made up the difference. While walking towards the station I asked my friend if he had noticed what I had noticed about the brash lady next to us. He replied "No! You should have mentioned something!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google