My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Sunday, September 05, 2004

New Canaan

I went to a Jewish house party in New Canaan today, my first time in Connecticut. The family of my boss's wife live up there. It was an hour's train ride up. The neighbourhood is very attractive, lots of big houses with white picket fences. (Note: while the train station is in New Canaan, the house lies over the State line in Lewisboro, New York -- thanks Shelby!)

The house I visited was very special. The grounds are extremely vast, the swimming pool could be viewed from within a little cove, there's a pond where swan's paddle, a paddling boat shaped like a swan, trees everywhere, a pretty little treehouse, a garden where a dozen busts of some of the most famous people in history sit in a semi-circle and a number of other unique features you don't see very often. I now have the setting for my first Dickens-sytle novel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google