My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Queens

I was trying to decide where in Manhattan to go and waste some time this evening when I realized I had't been off the island since I arrived. So I decided to take the R train to Queens and see how the 'other half' lives. After about 15 minutes I stepped out onto Northern Boulevard, about 2 miles from the city. I quickly realized I was in the middle of nowhere. Cars were speeding by and the only shops I saw were a Staples superstore and Home Depot. Back in Manhattan I could see the Empire State and Chrysler Building both stand brightly lit under what remained of the day's sunlight. Feeling hungry I took a packed bus 20 streets further in to try and find a cosy local diner. I failed and had to settle for Kentucky Fried Chicken. All greased up I made my way home and within no time was back amongst familiar brand names and exotic restaurants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google