My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

My birthday, Hanukkah

From my office I went with my boss Lakshman and his wife Tracy to Shelby's apartment to celebrate the second night of Hanukkah (and acknowldege my birthday.)

It was easily the most stunning apartment I have ever had the pleasure of entering. Such a vast number of rare busts line the corridors, I was surprised not to see a No Flash Photography sign on the wall beside them.

Once Shelby lit three candles on the menorah we all sat down to enjoy a carefully prepared dinner. I was slightly shocked to discover I was sitting next to a lady who was born in St. John's Wood, not five minutes from my own home town of Edgware.

As was the custom of our kind hostess, each guest found a gift-wrapped present waiting for them at their seat. I opened my box to find two books inside:

What Every Woman Should Know About Her Husband's Money
and
The Mind of Wall Street

Towards the end of the meal, as we sat and talked about web-sites (note: the new Google is surely TEOMA -- I "teoma'd myself, my friends and found this far and away more accurate than G) the chef, a waiter and waitress burst out of the kitchen singing Happy Birthday! carrying a birthday cake complete with candle.

On the train ride home I was deciding which of the two books to begin first. I thought it would be a simple choice as I was hoping to read The Mind of Wall Street, but for some reason I was tempted by the second. For some reason I feel I have more to learn from women than men, but you guys might have something to say about that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google