My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Friday, December 31, 2004

Bright lights, big disappointment

I went to Times Square this evening to ring in the New Year only to find out that I wasn't invited to the party. Within a 20 block radius, police had blocked off the access to Broadway and 42nd street. One thing Colin Powell and I have in common is that this year was the first time to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately I didn't stick around to see him push the button and release the Times Square Ball. Instead I opted to get a front row seat at home on TV. Hopefully the next 365 days won't be as disappointing!

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger ウェズリー フォゲル said...

I'm with Neil on this one. However, the police were there to remind people not to have too much fun! It's not like this in London. People can walk freely through the streets on New Year's Eve. Maybe I should have flown home for the weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google