My New York Minute

You give me a minute, I'll give you New York...

Monday, August 01, 2005

Miriam's 99th

Today was my Great Great Aunt Miriam's 99th birthday party! Malou, Sylvan, Marc and myself gathered around the table as Miriam reminisced on the past 99 years: how her only brother loved to tug on her braided hair as a child, when she went to a Mikveh and when she made dresses (included the one below). She spoke in English, German, French and Dutch, always translating back into English for my benefit and each time it was something worth hearing (e.g. "Change happens all around you. You just have to learn to accept it.") She is quite a lady and we are all looking forward to seeing her reach 100, an event Mayor Bloomberg might not want to miss...!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Affiliated sites: Something Snazzy; ウェズのウェブサイト ; Life After New York; ニューヨークの後の生活
Google